Success is a process….DHDC-W8 – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Success is a process….DHDC-W8

Image“Success is a process, it doesn’t come from luck.”

This week my success was launching my survey! It was finally approved by the Director or DHDC thanks to her collaboration and working with my awesome co-workers.

Today the staff in the office took the survey and I am so excited! Next week the youth and ESL students will take it as well. I have never done a survey on such a grand scale before. This is my first research project and I am excited to analyze the results.

It is a good feeling knowing that I will be leaving behind some useful data 🙂 Sometimes things take time to come out the way we want them to but oft times it works out!

ImageDespite the excitement I can not lie, I am nervous to use SPSS to go through all of this data. I finished my U of M math requirement by taking SOC 210 Elementary Statistics and I hated it. When I think of SPSS I think of my previous semester coming back to haunt me :O

Thank God for Google!

1 thought on “Success is a process….DHDC-W8”

1. That is great you feel your work is valuable to your organization and congratulations on getting your survey approved. Patience is key to success, so if it takes more time, but you get good results it was worth it.