Closing Thoughts – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Closing Thoughts

I still cannot believe how 10 weeks flew by…wow! It’s been a great and productive summer in my book and I loved being exposed to the city of Detroit. Thanks to Jenna for her innovative ways of making this program better every year :)!

I would definitely recommend Nortown CDC for people in the future who like to keep busy. Pat has been a great supervisor, always checking up on me and providing guidance yet freedom at the same time. I am glad that I was able to come into this summer in the middle of a big project and movement for Northeast Detroit. The primaries were yesterday and it was a big deal for District 3…however our friend a resident in the neighborhood did not make it. I was looking at the number of votes and percentages and I’m impressed that a lot of people vote! It is historical since districts haven’t had representatives for years but a lot of people who have lost hope choose not to vote at all.

Anyway, I hope Nortown will continue to get volunteers, passionate workers, and funding to complete some of Pat and Karen’s greater aspirations for northeast detroit! It’s been a great ten weeks here. Back to the grind…

1 thought on “Closing Thoughts”