So this is it… – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

So this is it…

I feel like the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of events, work, and just being so busy that it didn’t even occur to me that I was leaving until now.

As cheesy as it is, I feel like a bird leaving the nest. You know, the whole it’s a beginning not an end thing. Well, it really is true this time, because this fellowship has taught me SO much and has put me many steps forward in both my professional and personal life.

Both Detroit and Food & Water Watch feel like home and sometimes I come up with really good excuses for staying here with this place that has treated me with so much respect and helped me to grow. But excuses are just that, and now it’s time to go “home” even though that doesn’t even feel like the appropriate noun anymore.

Well au revoir Detroit and FWW, and I mean that literally; when next I see you!

7975001982_974eb74b1e_o

1 thought on “So this is it…”

1. Im glad youre able to leave on such positive terms! I hope that you will continue to visit the city and contribute to it when you can. I can definitely identify with much of your post, but am excited for where the future takes the people of this program