Week 10 Last week! – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 10 Last week!

Well my time here at Focus: HOPE has ended. In the last week, I finished up my projects, was treated out to lunch by my supervisors, and said my good-byes. It is hard to explain/quantify just how much I’ve learned, even though all i did was attend some meetings, and read some research. The content I was able to read through and listen to really helped me learn a lot about Focus: HOPE and the climate of non-profit work in detroit. 

Through all of the content I’ve learned about the Hope Village Initiative and their planning/ current execution of it, Ive really been able to see the change that can take place with the engagement of research, the community, and people to facilitate. I can definitely see how the Hope Village area is a microcosm of the disparity of what Detroit as a whole fixes, so its encouraging to see the change Focus: HOPE is able to implement. 

I hope to continue my partnership with Focus: HOPE in the future, even if it is just on a volunteer basis. And will miss my experience here. My experience in the CBRP program has definitely affirmed grown my love and passion for urban work, and I definitely hope to continue that passion in the future.

Its been a great time!
Jerry