Week 10: Until We Meet Again! – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 10: Until We Meet Again!

Wow who would have know that 10 weeks ago I would be feeling bittersweet at the thought of this program coming to an end? This summer was beyond amazing and I can honestly say that it is one of the best summers of my life. At the beginning of this program I didn’t really know how I was going to survive 10 weeks in the city. I have never lived in the city before this experience and I wasn’t sure if I was going to enjoy this experience. Right now sitting here I can tell you that I had an amazing time. I got to explore the city in depth and learned a great deal while making new friends in the process. I also got a chance to learn more about myself and what I am capable of accomplishing.  I do believe majority of us would have never crossed paths if not for this program.  My community placement has helped me learn a great deal about non-profit as well as energy saving techniques. Weekly seminar also did bring everything together for me and educated me on other steps that I may need to take after this program is over. We all have a couple days left and I hope we finish it of on a good note.