The Final Week – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

The Final Week

Ten weeks ago, this day seemed so far away! The DCBRP has definitely been a learning experience. I have learned so much about myself, Detroit, and research. Needless to say, the program has exceeded my expectations. At the beginning, I was very excited to work on my project and do a lot of work from the very start. Of course, things don’t always work out like you want them to, and for a while I felt very disappointed with what I was accomplishing. Towards the end however, I noticed real progress in my work and in myself. I have met some amazing people at work that I will miss very much. I cannot wait to come back and visit (after a couple weeks away from the office, of course). I have also met some pretty cool and smart students that attend UMich. I would like to thank the student I got to know the most, Lauren, for being a great coworker and friend! I don’t think I could have survived at the office without her support. Participating in DCBRP was better than I could have ever imagined, but I’m glad it’s almost over so I can sleep in, especially on Fridays. 🙂