Well I have come all the way back around. Back to a brand new placement, just finishing up training and starting a new research project. Bummer my old placement didn’t have a project for me, but my new project(s?) are pretty sweet. So no regrets, I am just happy I was able to switch so easily into a new placement that better suited my interests. Shout out to Jenna. The new placement, the American Indian Health Center is amazing. The amount of work they do out of a modified church and the house next door is crazy. They are some of the most hard working driven people I have ever had the privilege of working for. I can’t wait to do some genuine research that will benefit the organization that these people are so passionate about. According to Luke I may be able to work in the garden tomorrow, farming who knows what. Excitement at every turn. Also its pretty sweet getting driven to work instead of having to walk shouts out to Shannon for the ride.

I wish I had more to say about my project, but this is all like week one again. I have really no idea what I’m going to do besides general project overviews. As of now my main project is researching the possible use of virtual eye examinations. Possibly getting in contact with some of the groups pioneering this science, and seeing if they would be willing to work with my new placements patients. Hopefully I can make some serious headway into it tomorrow.

Peaceimgres

Luis