Week Seven – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week Seven

With only three weeks left in this program, I have been trying my best to see as much of Detroit as I can before I leave. Last weekend I woke up early to watch a building implode, went to Avalon bakery and got some wonderful pastries, and painted a Detroit skyline at Common Division on Cass. I used to do aphoto (53)rt all the time and haven’t painted in over a year so it was refreshing to get back to it. We also got to celebrate the birthdays of both Kaia and Ariel, which was really fun! To finish out the weekend, my family came into Detroit and took me to Slows to Go. Needless to say, it was the best food I’ve had in a long time.

This weekend I made an effort to check more items off my Detroit bucket-list. On Friday I went to a Tiger’s game and watched a photo (54)gorgeous sunset over downtown Detroit, followed by fireworks. Apparently some baseball also occurred. On Sunday evening, a large part of our group took a trip to Belle Isle to escape the heat. I got to swim in the Detroit River and watch another gorgeous sunset over Detroit! I’m excited to see what the rest of this program has in store and I can honestly say I’m going to miss this city that has become home over the past seven weeks.

photo (55)

1 thought on “Week Seven”

1. I am so inspired and happy about your time in Detroit! I can tell not only are you hardworking, but you also are enjoying your time with friends and festivities. Great balance of work and play!