Week One Blog – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week One Blog

Dear Angelina,

You are home and you are happy. You finally get to show everyone what all that talk has been about. The talk about not forgetting about your community and giving back. You have been giving a big chance to really make an impact here! Now yes, you do have a lot of responsibility and people are expecting a lot from you, and you are expecting a lot from yourself as well, but you can do it. You just have to keep a steady pace and not forget that you have a lot of people in the office to count on.

Now what do you expect from the program? You are expecting that you will do great! Do not doubt yourself. Also you still want to make friends even though you do not live in the dorms. So if anyone else reads this and wants to hit me up, hit me up!

2 thoughts on “Week One Blog”

1. Are you from Southwest? It must be difficult to feel as though you have a lot of pressure from your community, but it must be incredibly rewarding as well to be able to give back to them as well. Your project is definitely something obvious that needs to be changed, I hate seeing all of the trucks line up for miles down Vernor. I hope you find success and make a few changes!

1. I am from Southwest! And it is a little overwhelming sometimes but then I remember there are so many ppl around willing to help! Thanks for the words of encouragement 🙂