Week 3-Kimelman All Star Jersey – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 3-Kimelman All Star Jersey

Week 3 was the best week, a good sign for the rest of the summer because each week only gets better. I’ve been getting closer with the Fresh Corner staff as we keep working on our project together. Also, my boss presented on Tuesday and was very well received. Noam is so interested in what’s going on in the city, and that was shown during his seminar. (Un)fortunately, this week was cut short, for I had to leave for Atlanta this morning (also, the reason this blog post is a day late!). I’m starting to really take the Green Garage and its luxuries for granted. Truly, this building is a unique workplace that will never quite be matched.

The best part of this week, though, was getting closer to the students. The group has all different types of personalities, and all tend to compliment one another. I’ve been so fortunate to be welcomed into this community, especially because I missed the first weekend. I’m excited planning future activities to do, though I often feel like doing nothing after a workday.

img_8609
Here’s a picture of me in the Green Garage in a vintage ’12 Fresh Corner Noam Kimelman jersey. I was truly proud to acquire this; I will proudly wear the number 07. We receive these older shirts to go to the pop ups on Thursday. But, my pop up I went to was actually closed for the day without us knowing, but I still wore the shirt. Photo credit goes to either Brett, my co-worked, or this high schooler who came in for a day that I thought would steal my job. Seriously, Brett and I were frozen with fear when this kid brought a bunch of data and papers to Noam. If this keeps up, expect us to be unemployed. Stay updated in week 4, and I’ll let you all know our employment status! (This is not to be taken seriously…)

1 thought on “Week 3-Kimelman All Star Jersey”

1. michaelpeterson19

I want to see the Green Garage! It sounds like all the interns there have a really nice set up!