The summer is really flying by at this point. I can’t believe that I’ll be leaving in about three weeks, or that I’ve already been here for six. The weeks at work go really fast, and I think that’s due to the fact that most days are different at my internship. It’s nice not to fall into a rut of doing the same thing over and over. My life here feels pretty balanced between work and play right now. From the beginning, everyone in our cohort has been super kind and interesting to talk to, but now we are hanging out more, which has been nice. This experience is really solidifying my desire to take a break from school and work for a bit and has helped me gain a lot of perspective. 

I’ve been biking around the city a lot more recently, and it’s been really great (Jenna, I don’t know what to talk about when you say “free-form” okay). At first, I was definitely scared that I would get lost or something (which is even possible in the age of Google Maps), but I feel like it’s helping me understand where things are relative to each other. It’s also a good way to get out and explore, which was something I was struggling with my first few weeks here. It’s a great way to exercise without really feeling like you’re exercising and can be a social activity.

1 thought on “Week 6”

1. Brandon David Meinders

Your discussion of biking is interesting, I’ve often used running in Ann Arbor in a similar way, it allows me to understand the layout of the city. I like your final sentence too, the best kind of workouts are the ones that don’t feel like workouts.