Now, for the moment we’ve all been waiting for! This Wednesday and Thursday was our first experience in our Theater Writers Club! Our team met up on Monday to discuss our roles and responsibilities for the club. We also went over how the club was going to run. Here is our “schedule” for each day of the writers club (we are having Theater Writers Club every Wednesday and Thursday for four weeks):
- Theater Writers Club (TWC) Group Meeting (30 minutes)
- “Pre-Huddle” with the TWC team and with the other volunteers (15 minutes)
- During the Pre-Huddle we discuss what we’re doing during the TWC session!
- TWC!!! (1 hour)
- Welcome/Intros/Warm-up Activity Game (20 minutes)
- Small Group Script Writing (30 minutes)
- Whole Group Sharing (10 minutes)
- “Post-Huddle” with TWC team and with the other volunteers (10 minutes)
- During the Post-Huddle we discuss how the session went and what can be improved for the next session.
At our Monday meeting, all of us were given specific roles and responsibilities for TWC. My role is to lead the “Post-Huddle” session and to alter the Writers Club based off of everyone’s comments. I do this along with assisting in facilitating our meetings and encouraging students.
So far, our writing club has gone well. Right now, there are only a few students signed up for the club; seven at most. This is not that many, so we are hoping there will be more students joining the club next week. We actually had to pull a few volunteers out of the groups so the students can feel more comfortable.
Anyway, that’s a look into our club!