Week Nine: Everyone’s Done Already?! – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week Nine: Everyone’s Done Already?!

HOW is it already everyone’s last week? This is so crazy, it feels like we just started!

Looking back on my first post, I kind of knew what I was getting into when I was placed with 826michigan. I knew I was going to be working with students on their writing and I knew I would be helping them tap into their creative minds. This is exactly what I ended up doing! I worked with many, many students over the course of the summer. I got a lot better at interacting with students, I think that I am really good at making them feel comfortable. Sometimes Zoom isn’t the most welcoming place for ideas and for work, but I think that I have gotten better at communicating with multiple students at once (by talking and through the chat function. This allows them to remain comfortable and to communicate how they want. I am happy I got the opportunity to help students with their writing. It was very rewarding to see how much they enjoyed it and how much they improved.

My project is not over yet, and I am very excited to continue with it. What I am unhappy about, however, is that Ray and I won’t be able to see the rest of you twice a week! I am so proud of you all, your presentations were amazing. I know you will do great things. I will miss you and I wish you all good luck in the future!

1 thought on “Week Nine: Everyone’s Done Already?!”

1. I am so glad that you enjoyed working with 826michigan! Over the past nine weeks I can definitely tell that you made a difference in those students lives. Your presentation was great too, I wish you nothing but luck on your future!