Week 5: Going By Fast – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 5: Going By Fast

The weeks are going by so fast it seems! My post will be a little short for this week since it was a bit of a slow week with coming back from the holiday weekend. A quick update on the research, we have been making great progress and I look forward to the project I leave behind and know that it will continue to develop when I go back to the University. We have been able to identify an area of growth entrepreneurs in Detroit seek, which is Social Capital. I have not finished speaking with every member from ProsperUs, but I am noticing a theme of that ProsperUs members tell me about the entrepreneurs they have interacted with which is that they are lacking the ability to continuously grow and maintain Social Capital. We are still looking to make sure Social Capital does correlate to Financial Capital, but it is already great that we are noticing this pattern in the entrepreneurs ProsperUs works with. Forming these connections is one of my favorite things in research which is why I am so grateful to have so much involvement in this research with ProsperUs!

2 thoughts on “Week 5: Going By Fast”

1. Hey Jazzmyn,
    The community research that you’re doing sounds incredible! Getting to work with entrepreneurs in Detroit must give you such a different perspective on the economic development within Detroit, and I look forward to the solutions that are to come in maintaining and growing social capital.

2. Hi Jazzmyn!

The work you’ve been doing so far sounds very helpful, and I’m glad to hear that pattern was discovered early on, it means that progress can be made! I’m excited for you in how your research will help ProsperUs and the impact that it will make.