Week 9: Goodbye…For Now :) – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 9: Goodbye…For Now :)

It has been such a pleasure to work with the Office of Homeless and Foster Care in the DPS Community District. In my first blog post, I mentioned that I was prepared to help make any input or opinion on issues that students are facing particularly in foster care. I was disappointed that I didn’t really get to do a lot of work with the students in foster care but I was thrilled to help our homeless families. It gave me a new perspective on how to see a living situation beyond foster care. I am glad that I also contributed a lot of the skills that I mentioned in the first blog post. This experience will be unforgettable.

I had a great time with the other DCERP fellows and wish nothing but the best for everyone and their future. I hope all of you fellows continue to help our communities fight against gentrification and any other system inequalities and injustices. 

Goodbye…. For Now 🙂

With much Love,

Edisa 

2 thoughts on “Week 9: Goodbye…For Now :)”

1. I wish nothing but the best for you too! I am sure you and all the other fellows will all become something they have always aspired to be! I really enjoyed getting to know you and all the laughs you shared with!

Goodbye for now,
    Jazzmyn Loyd

2. So happy we got to meet and spend time together!! Can’t wait to find you on campus 😉 have a great rest of your summer!!