Week 7: Interview with Marie! – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 7: Interview with Marie!

This week I decided to interview one of my roommates, Marie Taylor, a native Detroiter!

What do you like to do for fun?

I mostly like to play video games, read, draw, write, really anything that allows me to show some creativity. I haven’t had much time to do some of those things due to school and work but when I can, it’s something I enjoy.

How would your friends describe you?

Some have said cute but I’m not sure how I feel about that, other things they’d say is that I’m witty, funny, and shy.

What’s been your favorite part about DCERP?

I love the site I’ve been placed in, it’s refreshing to be at a place where I can work with other great native Detroiters and also engage with community members during some of the events we host. It’s nice getting to know such a wide range of personalities every day.

What’s your favorite book of the summer?

That’s a bit hard since I haven’t had much time to do so over the summer. I’ll go with my all-time favorite instead which is We Have No Idea: A Guide to the Unknown Universe by Jorge Cham & Daniel Whiteson. It’s a physics book, which may sound boring but science is so scrumptious. It has quantum physics, astrophysics, and information on things that we don’t understand.

After DCERP, how will you spend the rest of your summer?

I’m gonna go to L.A soon after, I have family and friends there so it’ll be a fun yet relaxing time. I really wanna go to cedar point but I’m not sure if that’ll happen, either way, I’ll I’m sure I’ll enjoy the rest of my summer.

What do you have to say to everyone who’s reading this?

I know that I may not hang out with everyone here, but I think everyone in DCERP are amazing people that I’m glad to have met.

*These are not exact quotes*

2 thoughts on “Week 7: Interview with Marie!”

1. Hi Emily!! I loved reading this interview with Marie. I have learned recently that sometimes using prompts to ask friends questions will uncover things you would not have known about them otherwise. The same is true for our roommates this summer! I am excited to get to know y’all even more these last 2 weeks 🙂

2. Hi Emily. I love that you decided to interview your roommate for this week’s post! I really hope they make it to Cedar Point, fingers crossed.