I write this blog with a heavy heart. I can’t really talk about my placement, or the program because of the horrible events that have transpired these past couple of days. Two young black men have been shot and killed by their cities police officers.

Just a few days after our special American holiday we have to black Americans killed by men that suppose to protect and serve. There is no way for me to wrap my head around and not to be consumed with anger. This could be any black person in American and time and time again we see no justice for these people. At first, I just wanted to know why but you can’t reason with hatred and racism, now I just want justice for these families and for it to end.

As far as Detroit, I would hope this horror never reaches us, but I’m sure it has and we just don’t know about it. I hope this is the end, and we don’t have another incident happen, but all we can do is hope.

2 thoughts on “Week 6”

1. Hi Sydney,

Thank you for stepping up and voicing your concern about this issue, because it is so important to the families of the victims, and to the people of this country, for people to show their passion and anger over these events. Without voices of anger and passion, nothing will change and we will continue to head down this troubled road of violence and injustice.