Week Seven: Mechanical Bull Rider – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week Seven: Mechanical Bull Rider

Hey,

I apologize for the late submission of my week seven blog post, due to camp volunteer activities this past week. Anyways let’s get to the topic at hand, our girls’ night in Windsor! This magical night happened in the beginning weeks of our internship when we really needed a night to cut loose. So, a bunch of smokin’ hot young women with passports and a thirst for adventure jumped in Skylar’s van and took off for a night filled with dancing, laughing, and mechanical bull riding.

We started our night at this British themed pub, where we fueled up and got to know each other more. It was still early, maybe six o’clock, so there weren’t too many people except a birthday celebration behind us and another group of people in front of us. Scarlett and I split some delectable, mouthwatering, honey garlic wings and some fries. While the others enjoyed their wraps, burgers, and vegetarian-friendly options. Oh but we were just getting started.

The second establishment, we briskly walked to in order to escape the beaming sun and sticky humid air, was a bar with a friendly and fun atmosphere. There, we played heads up, attempted to listen to some lovely guitar playing by Skylar, flirted with our waiter, whose name I am drawing a blank on, and overall had a great time. Then after this chill and lax hangout started coming to a close, the unadulterated fun began. We laughed and talked the whole way there to the western-themed saloon or bar whatever you want to call it, where the intimidating bull resided. At first, I was still nervous to ride, but after a little convincing four of us hopped up there and hung on for dear life. One after another we either hopped off, were tossed off, or slid off, but no matter how we got knocked off I don’t regret going up there. To finish it off we danced to country songs that Scarlett knew all the words to, lol, and everyone bopped, swayed, and rocked to the music.

p.s.

We should go back! 😉

1 thought on “Week Seven: Mechanical Bull Rider”

1. Peggy Marie Randon

Shaylynn, we should definitely go back!! You captured this well, without revealing too much (haha). Thanks for sharing this great memory.