Week 6 – Detroit Community-Engaged Research Program

Week 6

For this free-write blog post I wanted to briefly share about the community that I have found here with the other members of this program.  Coming in I wasn’t sure how we’d all get along.  I understood that everyone in the program were kind people but I had my doubts that we’d actually form friendships through the course of the summer.  I could not have been more wrong.  In just that span of these 6 weeks I’ve had so many wonderful experiences with my fellow DCBRP members.  From kitchen conversations to trivia night and watching the fireworks it has truly been a wonderful time.  Everyone in the program is so intelligent, thoughtful and funny. Any conversation maybe just as likely to go in the way of discussing Geo-politics as it some ridiculous discussion on the merits of going out to eat.  Beyond enjoying their company for the summer these are people I would love to engage with going into next school year.  I can honestly say that this summer program has been a positive experience so far for me and a large part of that is due to the people I am sharing the program with.  To all of you, thank you!

1 thought on “Week 6”

1. Oluwadamilola Zechariah Sado

It has been fun having out with you, I also had the same thought and I would love to maintain the friendships developed over the program.