I can’t believe it’s already been about a month. It’s been an amazing experience working in the office, but I am more excited to be outdoors with the kiddos. I am grateful to have actual experiences of working in a nonprofit and seeing how much stress it is to work as a full time employee. I’ve been wanting to work at a nonprofit after I graduate and this was a great introduction for me. Although I’ve interned in other nonprofits before, I was never able to fully witness what happens behind the scenes. On the other hand, the Chandler Park Sports Program for Youth starts next Tuesday and I have a feeling that it’s going to be hectic because a lot of people didn’t come the the orientation to sign documents for their kids. I feel like the next month is going to fly even faster because we’re going to be doing so much activities outside. This past week we’ve been preparing and finalizing a lot of great activities and plans for the kids so I am excited for them to have the experience this summer. I also can’t wait to be apart of their environmental education program and teach them archery (my new interest).

2 thoughts on “Week 4”

1. Hey Jessica! I love that your placement gives you both office experience and hands-on experience with kids. I can’t wait to hear how archery goes! 🙂

2. Hi Jessica,

Your program sounds so fun and engaging !! Hopefully everything goes well with your program and that you have fun doing the activities with the kids. Archery sounds so cool :))